This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy to learn more.
This pepper steak stir fry recipe is such a quick and easy dinner recipe. I came up with it yesterday when I wanted to jazz up our dinner. We serve steak every now and then and it’s always the same old, same old – steak, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. Don’t get me wrong – it’s great. But I needed to change things up a bit. So, my pretty pepper steak stir fry recipe was born. Here are the details.
(Serves 2, double recipe for four servings)
- 1/2 large sweet onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (red is also fine)
- 4 steaks (about 3/4 pound total – I used eye of round)
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, each
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Thinly slice the peppers and onion.
- Slice steaks into 1/2 inch strips.
- Place all sliced ingredients in large bowl and add garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and salt and pepper and stir.
- Cover bowl and let sit on counter for about three hours.
- Place oil/butter/cooking spray in pan and turn onto medium high heat.
- Drain liquid from bowl and toss ingredients into pan.
- Stir frequently and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until meat reaches 165 for at least 15 second.
I served it over rice, but you can also mix in with pasta. Or, serve however you’d like.
This is such a quick and easy dinner recipe. I’m definitely going to keep it around. While it does requires a bit of planning ahead so you can let the mixture marinate for a few hours, the hands-on time is minimal. If you try this pepper steak stir fry recipe I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Partying with: House of Rose