If you enjoy this honey teriyaki chicken recipe, check out these easy dinner ideas!
I’m going to be perfectly honest – I almost didn’t post this honey teriyaki chicken recipe on the blog. Halfway through cooking, the sauce didn’t cook down, so I pretty much thought this recipe was going to be a big soupy fail.
Luckily, in the last minute or two, it came together and it turned out better than I expected.
After it was done, I entered the ingredients into a calorie counter and realized that it only has 322 calories per serving! WIN.
Serve over brown rice to keep up with the healthy theme. I ran out of brown rice so served over white.
Honey Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken tenders
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Chop chicken tenders into 1 inch pieces. I think it looks prettier when you vary the shapes between rectangular chunks and triangles. It just gives it a more "restaurant" look.
- Transfer chicken into a large bowl. Add the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, honey, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Massage into chicken with hands.
- Transfer chicken (liquid and all) into an oiled and heated pan. Place the stove on medium high heat for about five minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Crank the heat up to high, stirring occassionally. Cook until sauce has reduced. This process can take between 10 and 15 minutes. When the sauce thickens up and starts sticking to the chicken, add sesame seeds. Stir.
- Remove from heat. Let sit for five minutes before serving.
Update: A lovely reader made a video of the recipe. If you need a bit more visual guidance, I definitely recommend watching it. Click here to watch.
This is so good, guys. Like really good. The chicken is perfectly moist and tender, the outside is nice and sticky. The sesame seeds provide the perfect crunch. I love it. Also, I’m pretty sure I just wrote a love letter to my chicken.
I’d love to know if you try this honey teriyaki chicken recipe! Be sure to check out the recipe section for more dinner ideas.