If you enjoy this honey teriyaki chicken recipe, check out these easy dinner ideas!
I’m going to be perfectly honest – I almost didn’t post this honey teriyaki chicken recipe on the blog. Halfway through cooking, the sauce didn’t cook down, so I pretty much thought this recipe was going to be a big soupy fail.
Luckily, in the last minute or two, it came together and it turned out better than I expected.
After it was done, I entered the ingredients into a calorie counter and realized that it only has 322 calories per serving! WIN.
You can serve this honey teriyaki chicken over brown rice to keep up with the healthy theme. I served over white rice since I was out. Some readers have also liked adding in some broccoli (genius!), so if you have that on hand it would be a fun way to mix it up.
Honey Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 1.5 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders (breast)
- ⅓ cup Honey
- ⅓ cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Sesame Seeds
- Chop chicken tenders into one inch pieces. I think it looks prettier when you vary the shapes between rectangular chunks and triangles. It just gives it a more "restaurant" look.
- Transfer chicken into a large bowl. Add the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, honey, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Massage into chicken.
- Transfer chicken (liquid and all) into an oiled and heated pan over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, for about five minutes.
- Crank the heat up to high, stirring occasionally. Cook until sauce has reduced. This process can take between 10 and 15 minutes. When the sauce thickens up and starts sticking to the chicken, add sesame seeds. Stir.
- Remove from heat. Let sit for five minutes before serving.
This is so good, guys. Like really good. The chicken is perfectly moist and tender, the outside is nice and sticky. The sesame seeds provide the perfect crunch. I love it. Also, I’m pretty sure I just wrote a love letter to my chicken.
I’d love to know if you try this honey teriyaki chicken recipe! Be sure to check out the recipe section for more dinner ideas.