If you enjoy this mac and cheese recipe, check out these easy dinner ideas!
Mac and Cheese is one of my favorite dishes to make. It’s a tasty and inexpensive comfort food. Like most of us, I like my mac and cheese to be sticky, super cheesy and to have little gooey cheese strands each time I pick up the fork.
If you’re looking for a healthy mac and cheese recipe, this isn’t it. It’s neither low calorie or all natural. It is, however, amazing. So, if you’re not against using a cream-of-(insert here) soup every now and then, you should definitely give it a try.
- 1 Box of medium shells
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 can cream of cheddar cheese soup
- 1 8oz bag of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Pepper, to taste (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add your pasta and cook until done.
2. Heat up another pan, melt butter, then add cream of condensed soup and whisk until warmed through (about one minute). Add shredded cheese and whisk until sticky and thoroughly combined. You’ll know it’s done once it looks like a cheese sauce with no visible bits of shredded cheese. Taste the cheese sauce and decide whether it needs salt and pepper. This is optional because the cream of cheddar cheese soup itself is quite salty. Personally, I do need to add a pinch of both salt and pepper.
3. Drain pasta, transfer to large mixing bowl. Pour cheese sauce over top and stir until fully combined. Serve immediately.
I’ve held on to this recipe for a while. I love you guys, but this one is so good that I wanted to keep it to myself so I can have a secret family recipe to pass down to our one-day children. But, I thought it was finally time for me to stop being selfish and share it with you guys, since this is my go-to comfort food.
I’d love to hear if you try this! If you do, I truly hope you enjoy this because it is one of my all-time favorite recipes.