I’ve made a variation of this recipe for quite a long time, so I decided to put pen to paper and share my Parmesan garlic roasted green beans recipe with you. This recipe is insanely easy, healthy and delicious.
So if you’re looking for a quick side dish that is healthy but not boring, this is right up your alley. Even my husband likes this recipe. And that’s saying a lot since he is very anti-veggie.
When you pull them out of the oven, the crispy shreds of Parmesan stick to the green beans to produce a crunchy, yet juicy bite every time. And the lemon and garlic add a nice little tangy zing that wake your taste buds right up!
Best of all… this is a light recipe, coming in at just 110 calories per serving.
- 1 lb. green beans
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 lemon sliced (for garnish - optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Trim ends off of green beans and place into bowl.
- Toss with garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. Add shredded Parmesan cheese and toss once more to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Transfer into a baking dish. Slice lemons over top (optional).
- Bake for 30 to 35 Minutes.
This is what it looks like going into the oven.
You can definitely add more cheese (really, when is extra cheese a bad thing?) to make the Parmesan flavor even more prominent and bring more crispiness into this dish.
I love to serve this with salmon or chicken. If you’re looking for an extra side dish, this pairs well with mashed potatoes or even mashed cauliflower (yum!).
Please let me know if you try this Parmesan garlic roasted green beans recipe. And if you served it with something aside from salmon/chicken, tell me in the comments below. I’m always looking to broaden my horizons!