I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Folgers. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation. #FolgersFridays
When we moved, I treated myself to an espresso machine that lets me make fancy cappuccinos each morning. I saw no sense in having a coffee maker + espresso machine, so I got rid of our old coffee maker. But I didn’t account for one very important fact… I love my cappuccinos (photographic evidence here), but it’s summertime, in the south, and even though I moved a bit north, it’s still HOT!
And since I have no coffee maker, I can’t keep a big jug of double-strength coffee in the fridge for iced coffees anymore. So when I had the chance to test the new Folgers Iced Café concentrates, I couldn’t pass it up – the timing was perfect since I was looking for a solution until the heat starts to die down.
- Four flavors: Vanilla latte, Caramel Macchiato, Hazelnut Latte, Original latte
- One bottle has 12 servings | Cost is approx. 42¢ per iced coffee (plus cost of milk)
- Tiny and portable, which means coffee on demand wherever!
- Already sweetened, so there’s no need to add additional sweetener (even though I do personally like to add a little stevia, but I tend to like my coffee really sweet).
- No sugar or preservatives and only four to five ingredients per bottle (and two of them are coffee!)
What attracted me the most is how fast I can make a cup of iced coffee. You just pour two squeezes into a glass of cold milk and stir it up. My husband and I have tried each flavor, and my favorites are vanilla latte and caramel macchiato (no surprise there!) and his go-to is hazelnut.
And when I’m having a cup later on in the day, I’m prone to play pretend-barista and whip out my milk frother (best $6 I’ve spent!) to make them resemble coffee shop drinks. So far I’ve used whole milk, almond milk, half and half and coconut milk coffee creamer to coffee-shop-up my lattes.
My favorite mixture so far has to be half and half + whole milk.
But close seconds are whole milk + almond milk (directions here!), and almond milk + coconut coffee creamer.
As you can see, I am a huge fan of layering!
Here’s how I made my almond coconut milk latte:
- 2 Squeezes Folgers Iced Café (I used the Caramel Macchiato flavor)
- ¼ Cup Coconut Milk Coffee Creamer
- Stevia, to taste (optional)
- ¼ cup almond milk
I poured the coffee creamer into the glass, squeezed in my caramel macchiato, stirred it up with my milk frother (totally optional, but it gives it a nice texture!) Next I layered in some ice and poured almond milk over the top. Then I swirled it around in the glass to combine everything together and topped with whipped cream and cinnamon. It gives it such a pretty effect!
If you’re an iced coffee drinker, I’d love to hear which Folgers Iced Café flavor you’d like to try the most! I was super excited to try the caramel macchiato since it’s been my go-to order for quite some time!
Would you like to win Folgers Iced Café Concentrates for yourself?
Each Friday you can enter to win a prize basket of Folgers products ($200 ARV) on Facebook and Twitter from now until September 4th 2015 by answering a question prompted in a post that invites entry into the Promotion.
- To enter on Facebook: Answer in the comments section.
- To enter on Twitter: Send an answer in a non-private Tweet @Folgers, and include the hashtags #FolgersFridays and #PromoEntry.
Promotion is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C, 18 years of age older. Internet access and a valid Facebook account are required to enter the Promotion on Facebook; to enter on Twitter you must have a public Twitter account and follow the Twitter account @Folgers. Void where prohibited. For details on the #FolgersFridays Promotion and a store locator to findFolgers Iced Café near you, please visit Folgers.com and follow Folgers on Facebook and @Folgers.