No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake Recipe – The perfect frozen treat to serve this summer!
I’m sharing SPLENDA® Sweetener Products in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™” #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
Strawberries are my go to fruit every summer. Whether I’m making smoothie popsicles, strawberry nice cream or just slicing up a few strawberries and mixing it into yogurt, it seems we’re all-strawberry all the time until the end of summer, which then transitions into pumpkin spice season at our place!
I wanted more of a decadent dessert that was rich, creamy, a little chocolatey, and you guessed it – has strawberries – and this no bake strawberry icebox cake recipe delivers on all fronts!
After it sits in the freezer for a few hours, the chocolate graham crackers soften up and it’s kind of like you’re having a chocolate pie crust with ice cream and the freshest strawberries ever. This is definitely going to be our go-to frozen treat from now on!
The best part is that this strawberry icebox cake recipe is crazy easy to make. You just need six ingredients, and you’re basically just assembling the layers and waiting for them to freeze (this is by far the hardest part!).
This icebox cake also has less added sugar thanks to using SPLENDA ®. I rarely use regular sugar in my kitchen, and usually go for stevia. So I’m loving this SPLENDA ® Naturals Stevia Sweetener since it’s made from stevia extract! Coupled with a little lime juice, it really brightened up the flavor in the strawberry puree made for this cake.
I used a 9×13″ baking dish, but you can easily use a smaller pan as well, you’ll just have to stack a few more layers.
When I was testing the recipe the first time, I used too much ice cream on the first layer, and didn’t have enough for the second layer. So just a tip before getting started is to make a cut through the center of the ice cream, just so you have a halfway point and know exactly how much to use for each layer!
No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake Recipe
- 2 lbs. Strawberries
- 1 tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice (1 lime)
- 2 Tbsp. SPLENDA ® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
- 1 1.5 qt No Sugar Added Vanilla Ice Cream, softened (can use Frozen Yogurt)
- 2 and ¼ Sleeves Chocolate Graham Crackers
- 13 oz. Can Whipped Cream
- Remove stems from half of the strawberries (1 lb). Set the other half aside.
- Add de-stemmed strawberries to food processor along with lime juice and SPLENDA ® Naturals Stevia Sweetener. Pulse for five seconds. Stir strawberry mixture well and set aside.
- Spoon a bit of ice cream onto the bottom of a 9x13” baking dish and cover bottom evenly. Place a layer of chocolate graham crackers over top.
- Spread half of ice cream over graham crackers. Spread half of strawberry mixture over ice cream. Top with another layer of graham crackers. Gently press graham crackers into ice cream. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and spread the remaining ice cream over the graham cracker layer. Spread remaining strawberry mixture over top. Freeze for 45 minutes to an hour.
- While cake is in the freezer, crush a few graham crackers in a food storage bag. Set aside. Slice remaining strawberries into whatever shape you’d like. Refrigerate until ready to top cake.
- Remove from freezer. Top cake with a layer of whipped cream (the fastest way to do this is just using one continuous spray for the whole cake!).
- Sprinkle graham cracker dust over whipped cream. Top with strawberries. Freeze for 4 hours, or overnight.
- When serving, let sit out on counter for 30 minutes or so to allow ice cream to soften, if desired.
Recipe inspired by Life Made Sweeter.