Whether it’s the holidays or throughout the year, it’s always nice to go out of your way to brighten someone else’s day. If you’re feeling in the spirit of spreading joy and kindness, here are 21 random acts of kindness ideas to get you started!
Please be sure to comment below with your own random acts of kindness ideas!
1. Leave your quarter in the Aldi cart so the person after you doesn’t need one. I’ve also left it near the door so someone who doesn’t have a quarter finds it on their way in and can use a cart!
2. Bring freezer meals to a busy friend or new parent.
3. Remember to use Amazon Smile when checking out in order to have Amazon automatically make a donation to your favorite charity.
4. Pay for someone in line behind you (coffee shop, drive-through, etc.)
5. Volunteer your time to a cause you believe in.
6. Donate your used books to a local library.
7. Shovel a neighbor’s driveway during the winter (or mow their lawn in the summer).
8. Donate in any of these unusual ways to a local animal shelter.
9. Buy bagels or donuts to share with coworkers.
10. Leave a generous tip to your barista or server.
11. Offer to pet sit for a friend when they’re going out of town.
12. Offer to walk your neighbor’s dog if you know they have a long workday.
13. Bake up sweets for your neighbors and give them as gifts.
14. If you have a coupon for a free item, leave it next to the item at the store so the next shopper will get a nice surprise!
15. Ask an elderly neighbor if you can run an errand for them (or just check in and have a chat).
16. Fold up a few dollars in the redbox movie case to treat the next renter to some movie night snacks!
17. Let the person behind you in line skip ahead.
18. Send a bouquet of flowers to your mom, mother-in-law, or grandma as a “just because” gift.
19. Send a greeting card to a friend or relative (this one is pretty funny) and include a gift card to their favorite coffee shop.
20. List things you no longer need for free on local for-sale sites or groups (we like using the Nextdoor app).
21. Offer a free night of babysitting to a friend that could use a night out (or a night of naps).
Do you have any favorite random acts of kindness? If so, please leave them in the comments below!